- This event has passed.
Monday, June 1 | Shadows of Liberty | The Robbins House
June 1 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
On Monday, June 1, 2020, at 5 PM, we will be holding a protest to bring more awareness and impactful action to help in the fight against racial injustice, police brutality, and systemic racism. We wish to stand in solidarity with the communities of Breyanna Taylor, George Floyd and so many more.
● A discussion on the connection between Tulsa’s “Black Wall Street” massacre
of 1921 and the Minneapolis 2020 protests by Nikki Turpin
● A talk about how systemic racism has led to police brutality by Maria Madison
● In Memoriam, We Say Their Names- Concord Tour Company and Friends
● A moment of Reflection and Expression in the Quaker tradition
● Open Closure – Words of Hope and Action read by Elaine Rabb, Michael Turpin
Feel free to leave when appropriate and stay as long as you’d like.
Please feel free to bring signs of love and support to this family-friendly event. We ask that you please practice social distancing. Everyone over 2 years of age must wear a mask.